Green beans are a classic and popular side dish. They require extremely little time to prepare and cook, depending on the manner. This simple but tasty recipe pairs well with a number of entrees, including pork chops, roast chicken, and tofu.
Even though they are often steamed, there are innumerable other methods to prepare them. So here we are with one of the delicious and easy-to-prepare green bean recipes. This recipe for buttery garlic green beans calls for sautéing them in butter and garlic, which gives them a lot of flavors while still letting the green beans stand out.
Let’s jump right into the recipe for Garlic-Flavored Buttery Green Beans.
Garlic-Flavored Buttery Green Bean Recipes
In this preparation method, the beans are steamed or boiled for a short time before being placed in an ice bath. That way, their vibrant green color, and crisp texture are preserved. After that, they are sautéed in butter and garlic, which give a lot of flavor without overpowering the green beans. Then, you can serve it as is or modify it with your favorite spices, cheese, or nuts.
Let’s know the whole process so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 10 Mins
- Cook: 12 mins
- Total: 22 mins
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 1-2 Tbsp Butter
- 2-4 Small Minced Garlic Cloves
- Salt to Taste
- Ground Pepper for Taste
- Optional – 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Bean Preparation:
- Remove any stringy fibers along the length of the green beans by trimming or snapping off the ends. Beans that are too long can be snapped in half lengthwise.
- The beans must be thoroughly cleaned and drained. Then, boil or steam the beans for 5 to 7 minutes, or until crisp-tender.
- After they have been drained, put them in a bowl of ice water for a minute or two. Rinse and repeat the draining.
- Melt the butter over low heat in a skillet or sauté pan or warm the olive oil. Put in the garlic and cook for a minute until fragrant, but be careful not to let it burn.
- After adding the green beans to the pan, season them with salt and pepper according to your preference. Toss the beans carefully, and continue cooking just until they are warm throughout.
- If you want to use it as a garnish, sprinkle some chopped parsley on top. Immediately serve after cooking.
How to Store Leftover Green Beans:
- The green beans that are left over can be stored in the refrigerator for up to three days in an airtight container.
- Reheat the food gently in the microwave or over medium heat in a skillet.
Tips For Buying & Keeping Green Beans:
- When purchasing green beans, search for pods that are firm and vivid green.
- Avoid beans with wrinkles, dark stains, and soft ends. They must shatter when broken.
- Green beans can be kept in a plastic bag in the refrigerator for up to five days, but for the best flavor and texture, they should be used as soon as possible.
- Leave them unwashed until right before you plan to use them in a dish.
What to Serve With Garlic-Flavored Buttery Green Bean Recipes?
The versatility of this meal lies in its simplicity and the fact that it has a very neutral flavor profile. Pair it with anything from a gigantic pan of paella to a big, cozy lasagna or a fancy piece of fish with white wine sauce.
Additionally, this meal pairs well with Asian cuisine, which you probably wouldn’t pair it with otherwise. You can serve it as-is, or you can add some minced ginger and finish it with some sesame oil and sesame seeds for an Asian twist.