Flank steak originates from the lower abdomen muscles of cows. Flank steak is a lean, somewhat rough, but tasty cut of beef that benefits from marinade tenderizing. It is best prepared medium rare and sliced thinly at an angle against the grain.
And there is nothing finer than a steak cooked on a grill — the smoky flavor is unrivaled! So, here is a recipe for flank steak that is spiced with a simple marinade and requires only minutes to prepare. It is an excellent method for feeding a large group. Surely you have to marinade the flank steak for hours, but it will be cooked in minutes afterward.
Let’s jump right into the recipe for Grilled & Juicy Flank Steak Recipes!
Grilled & Juicy Flank Steak Recipes
This dish calls for flank steak marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, and other spices. You can achieve excellent results by marinating the flank steak in the refrigerator for two to six hours. But marinating for 12 hours or more yields the greatest outcomes possible. So see, marinating is the key to this dish.
Let’s know the whole process to make the juicy & grilled flank steak recipe.
- Preparation – 5 Mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Marinating Time – Minimum 1 hours
- Total: 1 hour & 20 mins
- 2 pounds flank steak
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- In a bowl or gallon-sized resealable bag, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Italian seasoning, pepper, salt, and onion powder. Mix thoroughly.
- The flank steak should be added to the marinade now. Marinate for at least an hour or as long as 24 hours for best taste.
- Bring a grill to a medium-high temperature. For medium-rare, cook the steak for five to seven minutes per side, or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Wait five minutes before slicing the steak. Serve the meat by slicing it across the grain into thin slices.
How to Store Leftover Flank Steak:
Flank steak keeps well in the fridge for up to four days. Next, reheat in an oven preheated to 225 degrees Fahrenheit until the temperature inside reaches 110 degrees Fahrenheit (about 15 minutes or so). After that, sear each side for approximately a minute and a half in an oiled cast-iron skillet.
Tips For Grilled & Juicy Flank Steak Recipes:
- If you have the time, marinate your flank steak for at least 6 hours (and up to 24 hours) to bring out its full flavor and tenderness.
- Before putting the steak on the grill, give it 20-30 minutes to come to room temperature. Doing so will ensure even cooking.
- When you’re done marinating the meat, drain the liquid and pat it dry. The steak’s exterior will receive a lovely sear if you do this.
- If you want to know when your flank steak is done cooking, use a meat thermometer. The internal temperature of the beef should be 135 degrees Fahrenheit for rare medium preparation.
- Double the marinade and grill two flank steaks instead of one to serve a big household.
- Instead of dried ginger and garlic powder, use fresh ginger and garlic cloves. Because you’ll need extra fresh ingredients, the measurements are listed in the recipe below.
- Spruce up the marinade with crushed red pepper flakes for added heat.
- If desired, season the meat with a pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper before serving.
- Make sure to allow the meat to sit for five to ten minutes before cutting into it to allow the fluids to redistribute.
What to Serve With Grilled & Juicy Flank Steak Recipes?
This versatile beef works well with numerous side dishes. For example, you can round out the meal with veggies or salad in addition to starch (such as pasta, rice, bread, or potatoes). You may also use soft flour tortillas, salsa, cheese, guacamole, and fresh cilantro to make flank beef tacos or wraps.
We hope you like the recipe. Feel free to leave your comments below and let us know what you think!
Thank you for reading!