Every home cook needs a collection of reliable, easy-to-make 30-minute meals. One of them is pre-cooked sausages like Italian sausage. The best part about sausages is that they stay for a long time in the fridge, need little effort to cook, and may be used to make a wide variety of tasty dishes that the whole family will enjoy. For example, traditional Italian sausage often contains a high amount of fat and can be cooked with a variety of meats and spices.
We have a simple, quick, and delicious recipe for you if you have Italian sausages. The Italian Sausage recipes with Bell Pepper and Onions will be simple for you to prepare.
So, let’s jump right into the Italian Sausage recipes with Bell Pepper and Onions.
Italian Sausage Recipes With Bell Pepper and Onions
The vast majority of Italian sausages sold in stores have already been cooked before purchase. That means you’re giving them a little heat and making the outside nice and caramelized. This takes only approximately 10 minutes, after which the onions and peppers can be fried in the same pan.
Let’s get straight to the recipe.
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Cook: 15 mins
- Total: 30 mins
- 8 Italian sausage links
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 bell peppers with varied colors
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup white onion sliced
- 3 bell peppers of different colors
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil
- ½ cup chicken broth
- Melt the butter or olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Sausage links should be added and cooked for about 2 minutes per side.
- Cut them up on a cutting board or don’t if you don’t want to, and put them aside.
- Coat the pan with the remaining butter. When the butter has melted, add the onions. Toss the onions in the pan for 2 minutes before adding the peppers, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Now, cook them all for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. The onions should be cooked for 5 minutes or until they become translucent.
- Add the chicken stock to the peppers and onions in the skillet, scraping the bottom of the pan to dislodge any browned bits.
- The sausage should be returned to the pan after reducing the heat to medium. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes with the lid on.
- Afterward, uncover the skillet, raise the heat to medium-high, and cook the sausage for another three minutes, or until the liquid has evaporated.
- Add parsley and basil on the top. Enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Italian Sausage Recipes with Bell Pepper and Onions?
The cooked sausages can be stored in the refrigerator for up to four days. Wait until they are completely cool before storing them in an airtight container. This dish of sausage, onions, and bell peppers is microwave- and stovetop-friendly for a quick reheat. In a freezer-safe bag, you can freeze leftovers for up to three months.
Tips For Italian Sausage recipes with Bell Pepper and Onions:
- You can stick to using just one kind of bell pepper if you like.
- If you prefer a different kind of sausage, feel free to substitute it.
- Cooked/Smoked Sausages: Bake Italian Sausages @ 350°F for 25 minutes.
- For Raw Sausages: Bake Italian Sausages at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
What to Serve With Italian Sausage Recipes with Bell Pepper and Onions?
The sausages, onions, and peppers can be served as is for a low-carb main dish, or you can load them onto soft hoagie rolls and top them with provolone cheese. Follow up the meal with a cup of minestrone soup or a side of Italian pasta salad.
Pair them with your favorite Italian recipes, such as Cherry Roasted Tomato Pasta or just plain spaghetti with Marinara Sauce, for a fantastic protein option.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!