Chicken breasts, especially boneless, skinless chicken breasts, present unique challenges while grilling. Dry, rubbery, and flavorless results are common when cooking boneless chicken breasts because of the meat’s extreme leanness. Chicken breasts on the grill can easily overheat and dry out due to the leanness of the meat without any protection from the bones or skin.
Therefore, you need a recipe that explains how to grill chicken so that it is not dry and has a juicy texture. So here is our best grilled chicken recipes that will help you prepare succulent grilled chicken with minimal effort, in record time & with just a few ingredients.
So, let’s jump straight into the Juicy Grilled Chicken Recipes.
Juicy Grilled Chicken Recipes
This recipe for grilled chicken will yield moist and soft meat on the inside, with beautiful grill marks on the exterior. It can be used in soups, salads, pizzas and sandwiches, among other things.
But if you have an all-purpose grilled chicken that is this juicy and soft, you’ll be glad to serve and eat it on its own, and the entire group will like it.
Let’s get straight to the recipe.
- Preparation: 20 Mins
- Marination: Min. 30 Minutes to 12 Hours In Refrigerator
- Cook: 10 mins
- Total: 30 mins
- 1¾ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pound the chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness in a 1-gallon freezer bag. This tenderizes the meat while also ensuring even cooking. When filets are left in their original form, the thinner side dries out while, the thicker side continues cooking.
2) Preparing The Marinade
After zesting the lemon, combine all of the marinade ingredients like garlic cloves, thyme, oregano, black pepper, salt, etc., excluding the chicken, in a gallon-sized zip-lock bag.
Put the chicken breasts in a plastic bag and rub the marinade all over the meat. Place the sealed bag in a bowl and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, preferably overnight (the bowl will prevent any leaks) in the fridge.
- Oil the grates of the grill and preheat it to a high temperature when you are ready to eat. Before grilling the chicken, make sure your grill is extremely hot; you want grill marks and char in the limited amount of time you have
- When chicken breasts are pounded to an even thickness, they only need two to three minutes on each side before they are done.
- If the chicken seems stuck when you try to flip it, wait 30 seconds. When the time comes, it will be released on its own accord.
Wait at least 3-4 minutes after taking the chicken off the grill before slicing it. The meat’s moisture and flavor will be preserved in this manner. Then, serve and eat the delicious and juicy grilled chicken.
How to Store Leftover Juicy Grilled Chicken Recipes?
To Keep, refrigerate the chicken for up to 3 days in an airtight container. For reheating: Warm up leftovers in the microwave or a skillet over medium heat.
Preserve chicken for up to three months in the freezer by putting it in an airtight container. Refrigerate overnight to defrost, then reheat as desired.
Tips For Juicy Grilled Chicken Recipes:
- The use of a meat thermometer is always recommended when cooking meat at least an inch thick.
- Remove the chicken off the grill at a slightly lower temperature (155°F) than is normally suggested for poultry.
- Turning off the heat at this point prevents the chicken from drying out due to overcooking.
- Feel free to remove the chicken from the heat at a higher internal temperature if that makes you more comfortable.
What to Serve With Juicy Grilled Chicken Recipes?
In search of dinner ideas to complement your grilled chicken recipes? Check out some of our favorite grilled accompaniments for chicken breasts.
- Asparagus Grilled in Foil
- Foil-baked potatoes
- Zucchini Grilled
- Carrots grilled
- Grilled Red Potatoes in Foil
We hope you like the recipe. Feel free to share your thoughts and suggestions below!
Thank you for reading!