Cube steak is often a rough cut of beef originating from the top or bottom round. It is reasonably priced and pretty tasty. Cube steaks drenched in gravy are the mashed potatoes’ true best friend. This weeknight dinner takes less than an hour to prepare and cook, making it an ideal weeknight meal.
This cut, which is often ignored, deserves a place at the dinner table. So, here is one of the best Cube Steak Recipes for your kitchen, ultimately making your mouth feel divine.
Let’s jump right into the recipe for Onion Gravy Cube Steak Recipes.
Onion Gravy Cube Steak Recipes
Make Onion Gravy Cube Steak Recipes if you’re looking for a dinner recipe that’s not only simple but also full of taste. Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables for a meal that the whole family will enjoy because it is hearty and filling.
Let’s know the whole process so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- Total: 60 mins
- Two lb. cube steak (about four pieces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. butter
- One large yellow onion, sliced into 1/2″ rings
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cup water
- One packet of onion soup mix
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on steaks. Steaks should be dredged in a mixture of flour and garlic powder that has been spread out on a big shallow plate. Any extra dredge material should be saved for later.
- Over medium-high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the steaks until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Now, make the heat down to medium and add the onion to the pan. Cook, scraping the bottom of the pan occasionally, until the onions soften and turn brown about 10 minutes.
- Stir onion soup mix and one tablespoon of the dredge mixture you set aside with the melted butter.
- Continue cooking, stirring regularly, for another 10 minutes, or until the mixture begins to bubble and develop a golden color.
- Slowly pour in water, about a quarter cup at a time. Allow heating to a low simmer until the gravy has thickened. Put the steaks in the pan with the gravy and flip them to coat.
- Finally, serve steaks covered in sauce.
How to Store Leftover Onion Gravy Cube Steak Recipes:
It is possible to store leftovers for three days in the refrigerator if they are stored in an airtight container. Gently reheat in a skillet over low heat or in the microwave on 60% power. After cooling, store in a freezer-safe container for up to three months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat over low heat in a pan on the stovetop or at 60% power in the microwave.
Tips For Onion Gravy Cube Steak Recipes:
- Don’t leave any of the lovely brown bits on the bottom of the pan. They add a lot of flavors and are usually appreciated in the sauce.
- Season your gravy with 1/4 teaspoon onion powder and/or garlic powder, if preferred.
- Tenderizing the meat is essential for achieving a melt-in-your-mouth quality.
- If desired, eliminate the onions and replace them with mushrooms.
What to Serve With Onion Gravy Cube Steak Recipes?
This delicious Onion Gravy Cube Steak Recipes can be served with mashed potatoes, cauliflower mash, white rice, scalloped potatoes, egg noodles, fresh corn, Green Bean Casserole, or French baguettes with sweet cream butter.
Let us know what you think of the recipe in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!