Pre-cooked kielbasa (also known as ring sausage) is a delicious, gently smoked sausage. It usually contains pork, beef, and other types of meats. The mildly smoky flavor makes it a delight on its own, spread on toast or mixed with a bowl of pasta.
If you find yourself with some Kielbasa and wonder what you could possibly make with it, we’ve got you covered. You can try our Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes.
So, let’s jump right into the Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes.
Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes
A warm and satisfying meal of kielbasa pasta can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. This simple kielbasa pasta dish features a flavorful blend of smoked Polish sausage, bell peppers, tomatoes, and Parmesan and is sure to become a household favorite.
This is a great recipe that will please everyone in the family because kielbasa and pasta are a great match.
Let’s get straight to the recipe.
- Preparation – 5 Mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Total: 25 mins
- 400 g (1 lb) kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 300 g (10.5 oz) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 medium shallots, diced
- 2 large finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 large sliced red or green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning mix
- ¼ teaspoon red chili flakes
- 250 ml (1 cup) chicken stock
- 100 g (3.5 oz) baby spinach
- 400 g (14 oz) can of crushed tomatoes
- 30 g (⅓ cup) grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- After adding salt to boiling water, cook pasta al dente following the package directions. Before draining the pasta, save 1-2 cups of water from it.
- While that’s happening, heat some olive oil in a Dutch oven or another deep skillet over medium heat and fry the kielbasa for about three to four minutes, or until it develops a slight crunch. Set aside the sausage after removing it from the saucepan with a slotted spoon.
- After cooking the sausage, sauté the shallots and bell peppers until softened, stirring periodically in the same oil.
- After adding the garlic, Italian spice blend, and red pepper flakes, continue cooking for another minute.
- Next, include the tomato paste, the chicken stock, and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for ten minutes.
- Stir in the baby spinach and keep the pot on low heat for another minute or two until the spinach wilts.
- Put the kielbasa back in the pot and stir in the cooked pasta. If it looks too thick, add a splash of the pasta water you saved.
- Mix well after adding the Parmesan. Season to your liking and serve right away, with more Parmesan on top if you like.
How to Store Leftover Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes?
The refrigerator may safely store leftovers for up to three days. Whenever possible, store them in an airtight container. This pasta should be reheated in the microwave. Adding water or chicken stock is necessary if you wish to reheat it on the stove.
If you choose to freeze the pasta, we recommend freezing only the sauce and adding freshly cooked pasta just before serving.
Tips For Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes:
- Add more red chili flakes or 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper if you like spicier sauce.
- You can make the sauce even healthier by including vegetables like zucchini (courgettes), mushrooms, and broccoli.
- Feel free to substitute cheese of your choosing. The kielbasa would go nicely with any robust cheese.
- Try using other types of sausage, such as polish, smoked, or turkey.
What to Serve With Red Sauce Pasta with Kielbasa Recipes?
This dish, made with pasta and veggies, is a full dinner in itself. Even though this kielbasa pasta is filling on its own, feel free to complement it with a green salad, vegetables, and some garlic bread.
We hope you like the recipe. Let us know your thoughts & suggestions in the comments below!
Thank you for reading!